The game, as described below started at the end of 2019 to sponsor the Mega GéoWallons – Au Pays des Lacs in 2020 on our former platform on “GeoCoins for All”. The game was set on hold due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, the platform on “GeoCoins for All” ended before and that before the event, as planned now on 28 May 2022. In agreement with GéoWallons we will NOT start it again. Those who found a tag in 2019 and early 2020 can still claim their price during the event on 28 May 2022.
So below how the game looked as in 2019 and early 2020 before the Covid-19 pandemic started! However, the different functional maps on the platform of actual game can not be found here. We only show pictures of the “examples” map, not the actual map of the platform.
Prepare for the Mega GeoWallons – Au Pays des Lacs and play the game “Knock the Croc”!
GeoCoins for All (note: now CreaCoins) sponsors the mega with this game, or should we say crazy game.
100 Tags (25 MM diameter = fits in a film cannister) will be hidden over the next few months (worldwide) and will show on a map as icons. The icons on the second map (note: at present the only map shown as a picture) below, starting with the word “Sample“, are illustrative, nothing to be found at those coordinates. That second map (note: at present not shown here) is to show and explain the game. The third map shows all the found tags (note: at present not shown here).
If you find the TAG, you can trade it ONLY during the mega for a free or low priced item as defined next to the icon that was linked to the tag that you found. Stay tuned!
Rules of the game!
For the Hider
- Do NOT hide the tag IN or NEARBY a geocache. This is a separate game. We don’t want geocachers unaware about this game taking away the tag.
- The hide should be MUGGLEPROOF but EASY to FIND for a geocacher to avoid loss or people reporting DNF’s while the tag is actually there. We absolutely want the first person to be on the spot to find the TAG easily and quickly.
- Put the tag in a container obviously big enough to contain the tag but not much bigger. There should be NO OTHER ITEMS in the container.
- Think of a NICE PLACE to hide the tag and describe the place in a maximum 30 words description.
- Use a GPS for capturing the coordinates.
- Make a SPOILERPICTURE and provide a HINT.
- REPORT the placement of the tag on this website with the form “Knock The Croc – Tag Placed” (at present not linked anymore to an active page) and fill up the description (max. 30 words), the coordinates, the hint and spoilerpicture.
For the Finder
- You should TAKE the tag and the container away so don’t worry about muggles. Leave nothing behind!
- REPORT your find soonest possible on this website with the form “Knock The Croc – Tag Found” (at present not linked anymore to an active page) using both the tagnumber and its unique code. We want to make sure as least as possible people searching for a tag already found.
- If you don’t find the tag and it is not indicated as found the next day, please report your DNF to shop @ gc4all.com (at present luc @ creacoins.cc)!
- Trade your TAG at the GeoWallons – Au Pays des Lacs. This game is part of this event and your TAG can ONLY be traded at this event!
Fairplay (Hiders & Finders)
Hiders: do not tell anyone you were elected to hide a tag and if hiding with a team this applies to each member of the team. Obviously do not tell other players were you have hidden them. Anyone playing the game as a finder should only be able to get the information on this page!
Finders: report your tag found so other players don’t waste time searching for a tag that isn’t there anymore!